- Paper of any color (which fits standard printer)
- Microsoft Word to create 9 rectangle grid (or you can use a ruler and pen)
- Scrapbook paper 5″X7″ cube with different patterns or any paper of different colors or patterns or heart sticker that are different colors or patterns
- White glue or scrap booking adhesive roll
- Printer (if you decide to print the grid, otherwise you can draw it out)
- Laminating pouch and laminating machine if desired
Cut out two hearts of each pattern together so that they match, making enough to fill two nine rectangle grids. Alternatively, you could use stickers. I do not recommend the foam stickers with a laminating machine. I tried this and it creates air pockets around the hearts and the paper becomes warped. Make a grid on Microsoft Word that has nine rectangles (or any other program, or draw by hand with ruler). Print two copies on to paper color of your choice. Attach the heart cut-outs on to the grids to make two identical sheets of hearts. Laminate them if desired. Cut around one of the grids so that it can be used to match the hearts on the sheet that is intact. Hand your children the stack of hearts and have them match the patterns and colors.