Moms do so much for others each and every day. It is nice to take the time to spoil them and show appreciation for all that they do. Here are ten creative ways to show them you care.
- Breakfast in bed. I remember growing up and helping my Dad to prepare a special breakfast in bed on birthdays or special days for my Mom. He would always make a big deal of making an ice cold smoothie in a fancy glass only reserved for special occasions. The little things, like using a special glass, or making a fun design on the plate out of fruit really add a unique touch.
- Prepare a candlelit bath with her favorite music and cold water with a squeeze of citrus. This is something my husband has done for me and it is magic to walk into a room with my favorite music playing and soft candle light illuminating the scene. An ice cold water with a squeeze of citrus really adds to the experience. It is a mini-spa getaway in the comfort of her own home.
- Insist that Mom doesn’t do anything for others on her special day. Have everyone take care of her throughout the day. Observe her routines and make sure all the little things she does unnoticed are done without her saying a word.
- Have a special space set up for her to do something she enjoys. If she enjoys reading, set up a special nook with pillows and blankets and lighting so that she can curl up and read. If she likes gardening, set up a special place for her to do that, perhaps accompanied by the kids helping her complete with fresh flowers or vegetables to plant. If sewing is her thing, surprise her favorite music, a cup of tea (or her favorite beverage) and uninterrupted time to create. Whatever her hobby, create an environment for her to enjoy it in a special way.
- Make a special meal with many small courses. It is a lot of fun to have an appetizer course, followed by a soup, salad, main course and fun dessert all prepared by family members. It goes without saying that she will not be involved in dishes.
- Have the family create a coupon book that she can cash in whenever she wishes. This can include things like, ‘take fifteen minutes for yourself with no interruptions,’ or ‘make my favorite dinner tonight.’
- Go on a family hike or stroll in one of her favorite settings. If Mom enjoys a stroll through the neighborhood, do that. If she prefers to hike over a mountain top, get out the hiking shoes and embark on an adventure.
- Create a memory book or document where each person in the family writes about a special time they enjoyed with Mom. If possible, include pictures or drawings to go along with the memories.
- Make a special brunch with fun options to choose from. If she likes savory, an omelet or crepe bar with various fillings would be fun. Crepes also work if she has a sweet tooth as would a pancake or waffle bar with many different toppings or fillings.
- Make an ‘of the month’ club for her for the next year. You could do a special dinner for her once a month, or pick or buy a bouquet of flowers once a month. Kids could plant a special a seed for her once a month and watch it grow. Whatever she would find fun, create a special club for her and fulfill it as a family. The effort involved will be heartwarming.
Mother’s Day is coming up and I’ve partnered together with a great group of bloggers help make the day extra special for four lucky Mamas.
We are giving away FOUR $100 gift cards to the place of the winner’s choice. The winner can choose a gift from Hobby Lobby, Christianbook.com, grocery store of choice, or restaurant of choice.
The more entries you complete, the better your odds are to win one of the prizes. I wish you the best of luck!
Giveaway ends May 7th at 11:59pm EDT. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to email to claim the prize. By entering this giveaway you will be added to the email lists of the participating bloggers. Please be sure to read the Terms & Conditions upon entering the giveaway. By entering the giveaway, you agree and acknowledge your understanding of the terms & conditions.
Want another opportunity to win?! There is a second giveaway with the same exact prizes (just different bloggers) that you can enter as well! (this text about the second giveaway is optional)
Audrey Stewart says
All of you bloggers, have helped me so much. I am the grandma home schooling the 7 and 10 year olds. the videos are the best help of all. I didn’t even know how to turn on a computer until 2017 and I have taught myself. Thanks to you all.
How wonderful! I hope you get some extra love on Mother’s Day and Grandparents’ Day too! Your grandchildren are so lucky to have you homeschooling them. 🙂
Linda on Poinsettia Drive says
Wonderful ideas. Thank you for sharing on the Classy Flamingos party. You’ve been PINKED!
Thank you! 😀
This are great ways to spoil mom on Mother’s Day!
Thank you Diana! 🙂