It is so rewarding to see kids absorbed in the magic of a good book. The look on their faces as a book captures their imagination is priceless. We have placed great importance on reading, from birth onward. Our kids just became tweens and we continue to read aloud to them nightly as a cherished family tradition.
*This post contains affiliate links which help our family at no cost to you. Full disclosure here.
5 Bookish Gift Ideas for Kids and Tweens
1. Get them a box of gently used books from The Book Bundler. This is a store we have purchased from many times and our kids’ eyes light up when the box arrives full of books. They offer a wide variety of themes from all different genres for all age groups. You can find books for your babies, kids, tweens and teens. There are board books for little ones, early readers, chapter books, holiday themed books and more. They even carry fun themes for adults on your shopping list. You can use my unique affiliate coupon code to save an extra 15% on your order. THERESA88184
2. Make the gift extra special by giving them a special book along with themed items that go with it. For example, a gift of The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss could be accompanied by a themed hat or even the surprise of a fishbowl, fish food and a note inside letting them know that they will be picking out their very own goldfish! A Harry Potter book could be accompanied by a wand or a dress up robe. A Christmas book could be accompanied by a nativity set for kids. Bookmarks are also a wonderful addition to a gift. If you are crafty, it would be special to give a handmade bookmark.
3. Give them a subscription to a monthly book themed box, such as Owl Crate. Another option, is to get them a single crate from past months. This is less expensive for you, and a lot of fun for them.
4. Give them a DIY book nook. This can include a pop-up tent, blankets, pillows and bookmarks. There is something fun, and cozy about reading in a specially designated nook. This also reinforces a love and celebration of reading.
5. Give them a book or series with a letter promising a special celebration when they have finished it. This could include themed foods, a movie if there is one, and photos of the child with the book or series. It gives the child a sense of accomplishment when the whole family celebrates reading together. There are some books that we have our children read before we allow them to see the movie, then we make it a big movie night celebration!
Christmas Blessings Giveaway
These 5 bookish gift ideas would be easier to buy with a little extra cash! You could buy a lot of books, a fabulous nook and more for $500! I am excited to participate, once again, in helping not one, but TWO families this holiday season. I’m teaming up with an amazing group of bloggers with the hope of making this holiday season extra special by giving away $500 in Paypal cash to each family. What would you do with that money?!
There are lots of entry options in the Rafflecopter form below – the more you enter, the better your chance of winning! . Who knows, maybe you will find some new blogs to follow.
The giveaway will run from Monday, November 15th through Wednesday, November 24th (ends at 11:59pm EST). Winner will be notified by email shortly after the giveaway ends and will have 48 hours to respond to claim the prize or another winner will be drawn. You must have a Paypal account to win. By entering this giveaway, you agree to be added to the email lists of the participating bloggers. Please be sure to read the Rafflecopter terms and conditions upon entering.