Family game night is a great way to connect as a family. Whenever we announce that it’s family game night, our kids’ eyes light up in anticipation. They cannot wait to get started. We time it so that it’s right after dinner and have them get their jammies on for indoor games so they are ready for bed when the game is done.
*This post contains affiliate links. Full disclosure here.
Fun Games to Play Outside:
- Croquet: This is a great game to play out on your lawn or at a park. You can get different sized sets depending on the size of your family and whether or not you have friends that want to join in the fun. I have fond memories of playing this as a child, and our children love it too. We give the kids more strokes per turn to make it more fun for them and it takes away the advantage adults have.
- Tumble Tower Blocks: This is similar to the classic Jenga game that is played indoors except it is a giant version for outside. We have fun playing this on our outside table and it makes a spectacular sound when it crashes to the patio floor!
- Giant Four in a Row: This is similar to Connect Four but is played outside. Family members can take turns playing two at a time or can play as teams. We first discovered this game at a local restaurant and our kids loved it!
- Fabric Dart Board Game: This is a great game for kids as there are no sharp darts. It is lots of fun for the whole family! Our kids love throwing balls at the target. You can skip the points for younger kids and have older children be score keepers (which is a great way to have them practice math without even realizing it!)
- Cornhole Bullseye: This is a fun game that is perfect for all ages. It has fun rules the kids will enjoy.
5 Fun Games to Play Inside
- Clue: Our kids are 9 years old and this was a great age to introduce them to Clue. They still need a fair amount of help with the structure of the game but are very excited to solve the mystery. Older children would also love this game and be able to manage it more independently.
- Scrabble: This comes in a junior and regular version and is wonderful for practicing spelling and math.
- Not Parent Approved: This is our kids’ favorite game right now. It is a silly game, as the name implies with all kinds of inappropriate references that have the kids in fits of giggles. The first person to start the game is the person who can burp the loudest, then each person gets a chance to lead and be the ‘burp master.’ The game is played with cards where a sentence has a variety of hilarious ending possibilities. The ‘burp master’ reads the sentence beginning and each person checks their cards for the best possible answer and hands the chosen card to the ‘burp master.’ He or she then picks the funniest answer from the choices. Our kids cannot get enough of this game. We do not burp each time we play the game. We decided that my husband will win so he just starts the game each time and then we all get a turn to lead.
- Monopoly: This is a classic that is great fun for kids and teaches them about money and math as well as planning. The only downside or upside depending on how much time you have available, is that it takes a long time to play. It could even be played over a couple of nights if you have the space to devote to it sitting out.
- Jenga Classic: This is a fun game where each person removes a wooden piece from the tower and places it on top trying not to topple the tower. It inevitably falls, however and it is quite funny when it does!
It’s Back to (Home) School time!!
Whether you’ve been homeschooling all along, are brand new due to the pandemic, or fall somewhere in between, here is a great giveaway for you to enter for a chance to win some great educational resources. I’ve teamed up with a great group of homeschool bloggers that would like to help out a few homeschool families this year. We are excited to give THREE families $200 to spend at Rainbow Resource Center to buy curriculum, resources, and supplies for their homeschools.
To enter for your chance to win, simply use the Rafflecopter form below to enter. Now I know this is quite a few entries, but the more entries you do, the better your odds are of winning!
Giveaway ends July 31, 2020 at 11:59pm ET. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must be a resident of U.S. or Canada to enter. Selected winners will have 48 hours to respond to email notification to claim their prizes or another winner will be drawn. By entering this giveaway, you agree to be added to the email lists of the participating bloggers (see the Terms & Conditions on the Rafflecopter form for the complete list).
i will definitely try the dartboard game for my kids..
I hope you enjoy it! 🙂
Jenjo Games says
The blog shared is full of fun & entertaining games which we can play at indoors as well as outdoors. Our family loves playing different on a weekend. I think games is one such activity which brings all family together to share some fun moments from our daily grind. I must say your blog has definitely given all of us some great list of games to make our weekend plan lot more enjoyable. Thanks for sharing this!